Sight number 1. The Arc de Triomphe.
Well, I see I took no shots of the whole thing from the bottom, but let's just say it was amazing!
When we bought our tickets for the walk up it felt like one of our many hikes when very well intentioned people tell us that our little kids will never make it up the mountain. Well good thing we have practiced on so many mountains because all 4 kids hiked right up the almost 300 steps (according to Jax's count, the all knowing Google confirms 348).
The view from the top was incredible and the railings were high enough that I wasn't totally freaking out, though I do think I said "you have to hold a hand" more times than steps we climbed.
Side note: Do you see Jax's face in this picture? Get used to it, this is how he looks every time I say "look at me, I want to take a picture" :). He is a great photographer, once we download the pics from his camera I'll post them on shutterfly and you'll be amazed, but he'd rather be behind the camera.
Here is Cullen after making it back down. We all felt this way, he was the lucky littlest one who got a ride.
He slept through a fabulous dinner at a cafe on the Champs de Élysées but woke up in time for the most delicious chocolate ice cream ever! Smart boy.
Finally full of the sights and good food we were on the subway headed back to our hotel and it went right by the Eiffel Tower. Cullen had been facing the opposite direction but turned around just in time to see it, he shouts THE EIFFEL TOWER loud enough for the entire world to hear him and pulls out his toy Disney camera and starts shooting pictures as fast as he can (the camera actually just scrolls through Toy Story pics, no real pictures to show for it). Everyone in the train car was giggling at him, it was so cute!






Cullen! You are awesome!
ReplyDelete