In a classic Katya moment after we had been in Disney for about 15 minutes and even posed for pictures in front of the Mickey flowers
Of course the first place we went when we arrived was Tomorrow Land -- Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear ride, Star Tours, all the favorites for little boys. As we prepared to get on this spaceship ride Ethan asked if he could steer (it goes up and down to your liking) and I said yes. He proceeds to ask me how to make it turn upside down! Now that is a scary thought.
Here are my little Jedi:
And pirates:
And mice:
This last time we had waited in a hot line for an hour, I had asked him 4 times throughout the hour if he really wanted to wait (clearly I didn't) and every time he emphatically said yes. Then when we were the very next person in line he said, "my legs are tired, I changed my mind". I don't think so little buddy! He was glad we stuck it out :).
Cullen and Katya did a lot of waiting on Jax and Ethan to ride bigger rides, but here's how Jax and Ethan felt about waiting on Mickey, ha!
Priorities certainly change as we age. But they actually didn't complain too much, maybe because I bribed them with being able to go back later tonight. I'm not proud of bribing for good behavior but a 3 week vacation calls for slightly modified parenting techniques. Did I mention that we are staying in a 1room hotel room? Bribery warranted! I also bribed them with ice cream to get a good family picture in front of the Eiffle Tower. I didn't think Mickey called for the same drastic measures so here is the closest we got to a family picture on this camera, always minus one (this time Ethan was the photographer, by choice).












No comments:
Post a Comment