Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Then and Now

We are finally getting back to normal, which really isn't saying much :).  But really, it is nice to be able to sleep past 5am and to get back into routine.  On Saturday Cullen fell soundly asleep at 5pm, of course we could foresee 3am the next morning so we were determined to get him to WAKE UP!  I thought we finally had him up so I stepped into the kitchen and I came back to find this:




Completely back asleep, practically standing up!  Notice that we had to revert to the old strip him down technique, we hadn't pulled out the cold washcloth, yet.  This reminded me of when we took him to get his passport photo made at 3 weeks old, he had to have his eyes open for the picture, it went almost exactly like this - except that time his excuse was he was 3 weeks old!, this time his excuse was jet lag.  Sure enough, despite our best efforts he was up at 3:30am raring to go.  Sigh.

So now that we are awake I'm starting to look through some pictures and I thought some of you might be interested in seeing some then & now pictures.  Prepare to be amazed!

Kherson Baby Home, Then (2004)


Kherson Baby Home, Now



Katya, Then (2008)




Katya, Now



Same playground with a paint job.  Katya enjoyed it just as much this time as the first time she was there, though she had no memory of being there before.  And she didn't even question why I made her peek through the blocks to take her picture (it was spontaneous in 2008, not so much this time but it's not hard to get her to smile for a camera!).


Jax, Then (2004)


Jax, Now 

He wouldn't let me hold him like a baby, go figure, so no exact comparison with Jax but wow, what an amazing brave boy we have (both then and now)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment