This is a picture of the cousins that I have been referring to: Luna, Lena, Ethan, Elwan, Jax, Cullen, & Kenan.
Katya was still inside so she missed this photo opp, but it is the closest I have to a group photo so far. Now they are most definitely
not sitting here so that I can get a nice family photo, in fact when I tried that earlier today it ended in at least 2 kids in tears and mommy crying inside -- how is that even possible?!? They are sitting here because 1. They are eating cookies and 2. They are listening to the instructions for our new favorite game - Cache Cache.
Cache Cache is otherwise known as an incredibly complicated version of Hide and Go Seek. It reminds me a bit of one of my childhood favorites, Kick The Can. Whatever you call it, moms of active kids will love it. It involves all the best features of our formerly favorite game of Tag (i.e. running to tire them out) without the worst parts of Tag (i.e. tagging that leads to pushing that leads to wrestling -- there is no touching in this game which automatically elevates it to a favorite in my book). Once we all finally learned the rules, which seem so simple now, we (meaning the kids and dads) could not stop playing. Here's what the moms were doing :)
And here's what the the little kids were doing (what do you think they are scheming about???)
There is really no way to capture cache cache in photos, it involves way too much running... Thus the moms choosing an alternate activity, we are on vacation you know.
We did take occasional breaks to visit this neighbor:
(an old Lord's house and estate that is now a park and modern art/sculpture museum)
Note that in the moment I was snapping this picture Lena was deciding to go for a swim -- I was yelling "nooooo Lenaaaa" as I was snapping. Smart girl strategically placed herself in the middle, farthest away from the grown ups before she made her move. But rest easy, not even a finger ever touched the water, Carrie and Justin are both experienced at this type of quick kid rescue, or what she might call spoiling her plans :)
And this neighbor too:
(a little troll village built back in the woods by a neighbor to entertain the grandchildren -- it worked!)
But then it was always back home for more cache cache. There were even moments when it was hard to tear the kids away to eat, and if you know my kids you know how unusual that is!
So by now I'm sure you're all itching to play this exciting new game of cache cache, well don't worry, it's coming soon to a yard near you (at least for all our Harrisonburg friends who will be forced to learn it so that Jax has someone else to play with when mommy and daddy can't take it anymore).
Until then, stay tuned for our final day of adventures in Brittany tomorrow, and for tonight I leave you with a few more pictures from today's excursions.
Don't we look right at home here like we're posing proudly in front of our new house, or maybe more like the Beverly Hillbillies?!
No comments:
Post a Comment