I've already shared a bit about his budding photography skills In a previous post, and he's not slowing down.
This little camera goes everywhere with him now! See...
I wish it really did take pictures, I'd love to see what he is capturing, though I'm certain 99% of it is his hand and as Jax observed, he usually pulls the camera down from his face before the flash goes off. But that boy does not miss a photo opp! I wonder where he learned that. The fact that Katya wrote in her journal tonight that "we saw the Eiffle Tower and ate crepes and took pictures" is a bit telling.
So what does 3-year-old Cullen love besides taking pictures? CHOCOLATE! For breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner - literally. Chocolate donuts, chocolate ice cream, chocolate and banana crepes, this is a boy who knows what he likes, and a boy after his mama's own heart. See exhibit A.
And exhibit B.
And every price of clothing he has worn yet. Now really, what kind of parents let their kid eat chocolate for every meal? Cool ones like us that are on a once in a life time vacation, that's who! Note that the Coke in exhibit B is not his, we're not quite that cool. You know you wouldn't be able to resist that cute face either when he so confidently orders "chocolate _______" in that sweet little voice, every time!
Now one of the best things about traveling at this age is that you never have to miss your nap.
That's right, slept right through the Notre Dame excursion, and doesn't even have a stiff neck.
But my favorite Cullen moment yet was at dinner when we were playing name that tune. This is one of our favorite family games and great for passing time when waiting for your food at a restaurant. Someone hums a song and everyone else has to guess the song. Cullen is a remarkably good guesser for his age, but when it is his turn to hum he always hums the same tune, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. And he is always impressed at what good guessers we are! So tonight I challenged anyone to hum a French song (glad I thought of the challenge because I could not have met it). Justin was the only person to come up with one -- Alouette! We all got it and sang along. So when it was Cullen's turn to hum again he started singing random nonsense "words" to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Can you guess what it was? That's right, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in French! Who knew he could speak French, and with such confidence too? He did. Did I mention how incredibly cute he is!
So even though he may have no memories of this trip, he will have lots of pictures and he is surely creating lots of memories for Mommy and Daddy.







Sooo cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with with you, Jill, you both are AWESOME parents!
ReplyDelete